Blue Environment is committed to professional quality, personal service and environmental ethics.
The company has implemented its Sustainability Policy within its own operations and actively seeks to improve its environmental footprint wherever possible.
Our head office is located in a building incorporating environmentally sustainable design. It has achieved a 5 star NABERS rating, a 5 star Green Star rating and won the 2013 BPN Sustainability Award for commercial design.
Some of our other sustainability initiatives include:
- generation of solar energy from roof-top solar panels
- all electricity used is derived from renewable sources
- reduced energy demand measures implemented
- water conservation measures in place
- preferential use of public transport
- teleconferencing facilities used where possible
- carbon off-set program in place for greenhouse emissions which cannot be avoided
- preferred purchasing of products that have recycled content and are as environmentally benign as practicable
- all office paper used is 100% recycled content and chlorine-bleach free
- paper printing and photocopying is double-sided and re-used where possible
- waste audits conducted annually
- recycling systems in place
- pro-bono contribution to sustainability-related projects in the local community.
Blue Environment makes annual donations to environment, conservation and humanitarian causes. Some of our past recipients include Oxfam Australia, The Thin Green Line Foundation, The Climate Institute, Australian Conservation Foundation, Environment Victoria, Wildlife Victoria, Australian Red Cross and Reef Check Australia.