Blue Environment was established in Melbourne in 2006 and is a leading independent Australian-owned consultant servicing Victoria and Australia.
We have extensive expertise in waste management, carbon advice and environmental management issues across the spectrum of research, planning, strategy development, feasibility analysis and implementation phases.
Our consultants are recognised as experts in their field and literally ‘wrote the book’ on best practice waste management in Australia – including resource recovery and recycling centres, transfer stations, landfills, greenhouse gas management from the waste and wastewater sectors, food and organic waste recovery and recycling, contamination management in organic recovery systems, kerbside waste and recycling auditing, community-based recycling, e-waste recovery and processing, and many others.
We have been at the forefront of the development of Australia’s carbon policy and strategy in the waste and wastewater sector, leading industry responses to changing carbon accounting and national greenhouse and energy reporting (NGER) requirements. Our expertise has saved our clients millions of dollars.
We have provided industry-leading guidance on environmental sustainability to professional industry associations, assisted developers of innovative projects, helped businesses identify and develop niche markets, and collaborated with non-profit organisations to maximise community benefit.
Some of the many services we provide include:
- environmental research, analysis and strategy development
- sustainability planning and implementation
- waste minimisation planning and policy
- environmental program reviews
- statutory planning and environmental approvals
- financial analysis, data management, economic modelling and ‘triple bottom line’ feasibility assessment
- site environmental management plans
- development and construction waste management plans
- environmental impact assessment studies and management plans
- best practice development and benchmarking
- environmental auditing and options analysis
- carbon emissions accounting, reporting and abatement contract and funding advice
- waste and recycling/recovery infrastructure masterplanning – concept design, project design and management
- technical advice on organic waste recovery, collection and processing systems
- energy from waste development
- community consultation and stakeholder engagement
- market research and business development strategies
- expert witness support
- development of funding proposals
- tender development and evaluation.